We gladly accept the following forms of payment; however, there is a 3% processing fee for all credit cards.
1. Scheduling Events: A $200.00 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your desired event date. This deposit will be applied to the final billing invoice.
2. Payment Terms: Payment of 50% of the cost of the event is due with signed contract, a minimum of 60 days prior to the event. Full payment is due 14 business days prior to the event. Payment may be made by cash, check or money order payable to Shannon's Event Planning. We also accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and Paypal. Customer acknowledges that the date and the deposit will be forfeited in the event that final payment is not made at least 14 days prior to the event date. Client assumes responsibility for any and all damages caused by any guest, invitee or other person attending function.
3. Guest Count: Client agrees to inform the caterer, by phone or in writing, 14 days in advance of event, as to the final number of guests. All changes related to the services listed in the contract must be made no later than this date. Client will be charged for the number of guests and services on the contract if no alternate final number is received. After confirmation of your event, the number of guests may not be lowered. If the actual number of guests attending the event is less than the Guaranteed Number, customer will still be charged for the Guaranteed Number.
4. Substituted Items: Shannon's Event Planning reserves the right to substitute items (including but not limited to food and flowers) that become unavailable in the market or that exceed reasonable market prices. Shannon's Event Planning will make best efforts to notify the client of such substitution(s) if time allows.
5. Cancellation: A cancellation of contract will only be accepted in writing. If written cancellation is received 60 days prior to the event, the 50% payment, less the $200.00 nonrefundable deposit, will be refunded. If cancellation is received less than 60 days prior to the event date, client will be responsible for any costs incurred by Shannon's Event Planning.
6. Additional Fees: A 18% service charge and Kentucky sales tax of 6% must be applied to all orders and catered functions. Gratuities are optional.
The host/renter is responsible for paying replacement charges for any items missing, damaged, or broken during the course of their event rental caused by the host or any guest. A refundable damage deposit of $500.00 is due at the time of your final payment. Barring there is no damage or missing rental items the deposit will be mailed back to you within 14 days after the event.
7. Licensing: Shannon's Event Planning is a professional, licensed and insured corporation providing full service event coordination and event planning services to the Commonwealth of Kentucky.